Wednesday, November 29, 2006

This is one of the topic that I choose out of 10 topics .I sat down and started brainstorming .I begin to have thoughts and started writing .

Girl + Boy on a blind date

© Ivan Wong
4th October 2006

A Chinese boy meets a Chinese girl online and this is their first time meeting each other at the restaurant for lunch. Guy is was a little late for his first date. They have not seen each other before but only by looking at their friendster profile pictures.

Boy : (politely) oh, Nice to meet you !

Girl : (shy) Oh Hi, why were you late ??

Boy : Oh sorry, I was stuck in a massive jam,

Girl : Its ok.

Boy : Have you order a drink yet ?

Girl : Oh no,I was waiting for you ,why don’t you order first (smile)

Boy : But I don’t know what do you like to drink ?

Girl : Anything will do.

Boy then order a lemon shake for the girl.

Girl : Thank you, that so sweet of you.

Boy : So..where do you study ?

Girl : I’m not studying anymore, I’m currently working as a waitress in Royal Queen Hotel opposite Imbi Plaza.

Boy : Oh what a coincidence, I’m also studying hospitality and management in Stanford College,Im in the 2nd year already.

Girl : (laugh) Well next time you can work with me in the hotel

Boy : I hope I can work there after my diploma course, well it will be another 5 more months till I get my diploma cert.

Girl : Don’t worry 5 months is really fast.

Boy : So where do you normally go during your free time ?

Girl : Urm.. most of the time I hang out with my girlfriends ,how about you ?

Boy : I normally hang around with my bestfriends ,we often go clubbing.

Girl : Wow it seems that we have the same interest huh ?

Boy : I wanna ask you something but I’m shy and I don’t know if you mind or not.

Girl : Depends on questions, okay okay just go ahead and ask la.

Boy : Have you…er….ok ok lets put it this way, do you have a boyfriend ?

Girl : Don’t be shy, I don’t mind answering you that question. Currently I don’t have a boyfriend, but I used to have one.

Boy : Oh what happen between both of you ?

Girl : It’s a long story ,you know guys nowadays la.

Boy : Oh okay,hmmm..So how long was your longest relationship

Girl : Not that long ,only about I think..9-10 months loh.

Boy : Well mine was about that too.

Girl : So what happen between you and your ex-gf ,or current girlfriend ?

Boy : Currently I don’t have a girlfriend. Patricia cheated on me, we were together for about 4 months and she went for another guy after that, and she gave me stupid answers by saying that her parents didn’t allow her to have a boyfriend.

Girl : Ouch,this is hurting, I’m sorry to hear that.

Girl’s phone rings and she picks up. It was her mother calling her asking her to go home at 4 pm to help her to clean the house

Boy :Who just call you ?

Girl : Oh it was my mum asking me to be home by four o’clock to help her clean the house.

Boy : Well I thought we could catch a movie or something after this,but you have to go home.

Girl : I’m sorry, you know parents la, I’m the only girl in the family that’s why they are worried about me.

Boy : Don’t you ask your parents to give you more freedom ?

Girl : Yes ,but of course every parents have their limits ler

Boy : (pauses) You look pretty cutter in real life than in your friendster profile.

Girl : Are you sure you are looking at the right profile or not ?

Boy : Hehe, Of course you are the girl which send me the *wink* message on Friday right ?

Girl : Yes ( shy )

Boy : Honestly you look really cute and sweet, yes you do

Girl : That’s so sweet of you.

Boy : Actually do you mind going for a movie next week or probably shopping ??

Girl : Actually no I don’t mind going with you for either a movie or shopping

Boy : Okay then I will book tickets for the movie “Heavenly Dreams” ok ?

Girl : Oh I wanted to watch that movie long time ago, but no one wants to watch with me,I hear it’s a very romantic and touching movie.

Boy : Don’t worry, I’m here to watch with you

Girl : Are you sure or not ?

Boy : Yes I’m sure. (pauses) Let me ask you something..

Girl : Go ahead

Boy : Okay let say this person “X” wants to holds your hand in the cinema and hug you when he feels like it , do you actually mind ??

Girl : (surprise and stunned )( small smile very shy) Well it depends, ya it depends..

Boy : Oh nevermind ,sorry I didn’t mean it like that,sorry I know you are not used to it.

Girl : Well actually I don’t mind depends on who is that guy leh..

Boy : What if he wants to kiss you leh ?

Girl : Like I have said…depends on who is that person ler..

Boy : Okay--

Girl : Why ?

Boy : Nothing I was just curious..ok let say that person is …

Girl’s mother calls and she was surprise,she picks up the phone. It was her mother,she told her that she is wait at the taxi stand to pick her up in 2 minutes.

Girl : Oh sorry I have to go already, my mother is waiting to pick me up already,it has been nice talking to you. Maybe I will chat with you online and hope to go out with you next week or something la, don’t worry I will text you okay ? Sorry, I really have to go .

Boy : (feel rejected) Nice talking to you and meeting you.

Guy left there alone feeling rejected.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Viewbank Road, Newnham, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia

Interests replace here : Classic cars,Sports Cars,car modification,carbon fiber products,body kits,HIDS..