Monday, November 27, 2006

In Bernices 's creative writing class...I was assigned write a telephone conversation . This is what I have in mind and started writing..

Recall a conversation and write about 2-3 pages on it.

© IVAN WONG
4th October 2006

A 8 year old boy tries to order a pizza for the first time. He talks to the pizza operator but he doesn’t understand what the pizza operator tries to say.


Boy : Hello

Pizza Guy : Thanks for calling Pizza Hut, Can I have your name please ?

Boy : My name, my name is Ah Loong

Pizza Guy : Can I have your address please ?

Boy : My address is No : 1 ,Jalan Ketat, 47810 , Petaling Jaya,

Pizza Guy : Where is this place ?

Boy : Its in Sunway Damansara, the yellow house after the guard house.

Pizza Guy : Is this your house phone ?

Boy : Yes 03-78035698

Pizza Guy : So can I have your order please ?

Boy : I see see this paper in the newspaper and I saw this yummy satay pizza.

Pizza Guy : I’m sorry this satay pizza package is over already .

Boy : What things do you have which is nice to eat ?

Pizza Guy : Well we have our “Hawaiian Supreme Pizza” offer now only for RM 19.90

Boy : Wait I ask my father something first ( puts the phone on hold )


Boys asked dad what is Hawaiian Supreme Pizza. And dad wasn’t sure what “Hawaiian Supreme Pizza” was.


Boy : Sorry my daddy also don’t know what is the “Hawaiian Supreme Pizza”, can you tell me more about that pizza ?

Pizza Guy : Oh “Hawaiian Supreme Pizza” is made out of the fine thin crust filled with cheese with pineapple and slices of beef is added on top.

Boy : Okay Okay I think I want that one cause got cheese and I like cheese.

Pizza Guy : Are you sure ?

Boy : Yes !

Pizza Guy : Any side orders like chicken wings or would you add on an additional Pepsi for only RM 1.99 ?

Boy : I don’t understand , is the Pepsi free ?

Pizza Guy : (annoyed ) NO ,ITS RM1.99 IF YOU ARE WILLING TO ADD ON !

Boy : Oh that means I buy the pizza and I get a free Pepsi ?

Pizza Guy : No not that !

Boy : I don’t understand can you please explain again ?

Pizza Guy : If you get the “Hawaiian Supreme Pizza” package its only RM 19.90 and you can get a special offer on the Pepsi for only RM 1.99 that means total is RM 20.80 with 5 % government tax.

Boy : What is government tax ? Why government have to tax me to buy the pizza ?

Pizza Guy : (really frustrated ) How old are you ?

Boy : Har ? How am I ? I’m Fine.

Pizza Guy : Let me confirm your order . You have ordered a “Hawaiian Supreme Pizza” package with a bottle of 1.5 liters of Pepsi that makes it RM 20.80 with 5 % of government tax and RM 2 for delivery charges . So in total its RM 22.80. We will provide the change for RM50.

Boy : Ok. Come faster I want to eat my pizza already.

Pizza Guy : Pizza Hut Delivery will deliver the pizza right to your door stop before 30 minutes, if not you will receive a free pizza from out outlet.

Boy : Okay you promise me 30 Minutes ok ? Wait I will take my watch and count first, I start counting now ok ?

Pizza Guy : Thanks for calling Pizza Hut , hope you enjoy your Pizza


Boys then ran to his room and take his stop watch and starts to count until the Pizza Delivery Man arrives.

-end-
My Photo
Name:
Location: Viewbank Road, Newnham, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia

Interests replace here : Classic cars,Sports Cars,car modification,carbon fiber products,body kits,HIDS..